Learn how to model and present product, environment and sci-fi designs using Blender.
Each projects builds in complexity and is broken into short video lessons with detailed and clear step by step narration. We will go from Zero 3D knowledge to basic polygon modelling, thinking through design functionality and workflow tricks.
See what past students have done at the HEAVYPOLY Forum:
Blender 2.80 Tutorials:
- Cargo Spaceship - Create a detailed Cargo Spaceship, then procedurally texture and animate it using using Blender 2.8 and the EEVEE realtime render engine
Blender 2.79 Tutorials:
- NES Controller - Classic Controller and product design.
- Braun HL70 - Futuristic Desk fan featured in 'Blade Runner' You can preview it on youtube in it's entirety.
- Sci Fi Corridor - Create a modular sci fi corridor inspired by 'Alien'
- Crab Bot - Create a 6 Legged mech inspired by Giant crabs / Tachikoma and Hydraulic heavy equipment.
Scene files corresponding to each video step, so you can pick up wherever you left off.
Short digestible video steps ( 1080p, Downloadable And Streamable)
HEAVYPOLY config Install video
Efficient and flexible Modeling with Modifiers, Subdivision, Booleans + More
Creating Materials and using UV's for simple Decals
Lighting and Rendering Cycles GPU Raytracer
Relighting a set for different moods using the new EEVEE Realtime Engine
Using simple animation for presentation
By the end of this course you should be comfortable with:
Modeling objects from reference
Building your own concepts in 3D
Lighting, Rendering and basic camera Animation
About the Instructor:
Vaughan Ling is a concept designer and instructor working in the entertainment industry. Vaughan has taught at Art Center College for Design, Concept Design Academy and Brainstorm School. Past Clients include: Disney, WB, Dreamworks, Sony, Mattel, Insomniac Games, Honda R&D